Tuscany Villa Rental
History of the estate
The first tracks of the Villa Anica, inhabited place date back to year 1000 A.D. At that time the complex was a cloister on the “via Francigena” – the main road from France to Rome – that still pass through the estate joining San Vivaldo to Montaione.
The estate was originally owned by the a famous family and was as a hunting lodge. Then it passed to the Bardini family (the same of the Bardini museum in Florence) and in the second half of the twentieth century, it was bought by the Billeri family and passed to the current owners.
The olive-groves have an extension of about 20 hectares made by different varieties like Frantoio, Leccino, Pendolino and Moraiolo , which make the extraordinary Piaggia olive oil rich of intensity and personality.
In front of the villa a big garden with a breathtaking view on the Tuscan countryside. A stone staircase with two flights leads to the swimming pool of 9 x 14 meters surrounded by a big grass area close to the loggia, the ideal place to eat outside and relax. On the back of the open gallery a bathroom and 3 dressing-rooms one of which with a big a shower cabin.
The Villa is made of 150 hectares - 25 of which are vineyards located on hilly, calcareous grounds of middle medley at an altitude of about 350 mt. on the sea level with a south, south-west exposure. The most present variety of grapes is the Sangiovese together with Canaiolo, Colorino, Malvasia from Chianti, Merlot, Cabernet, Sauvignon and a small quantity of Trebbiano. The vineyards, mostly recently renewed, have a density that goes from 3600 to 5500 plants per hectare and a spur cordon training system.
The first tracks of the Villa inhabited place date back to year 1000 A. D. At that time the complex was a cloister on the “via Francigena” – again, the main road from France to Rome.
The entrance hall leads to the green sitting room and to the main hall that is connected to the library, billiards room and a bedroom with in-room bathroom that is handicapped-equipped.
On the other side, you'll find the large dining room, the hunting hall with a large fireplace, the office, the kitchen and a bathroom with shower for disabled people.
Seven double rooms and a single room with French bed, all with private bathroom with shower stall and one bathroom with bathub. A big stone staircase located into the green sitting room leads to the first floor. On the right there are two double rooms with air-co and a big bathroom with tube and another double room with huge bathroom with shower. On the left side a corridor leads to the rest of the rooms, 2 twin bedded rooms with air-co with private bathroom with shower, 2 double rooms with air-co, private bathroom with shower, one single room with a huge bathroom with shower an the master bedroom with a king size bed, a private hall with balcony overlooking the garden and a private bathroom with bathtub.