Surrounded by hills filled with wild boar, this magnificent villa was once the hunting lodge retreat of Count Cosimo Bernardini of Lucca who would spend his weekends in the country. The Bernardini family played an instrumental role in the administration and politics of the Republic of Lucca and were responsible for the upkeep of law (magistrates) and order from 1388 through to 1798. They continued to support the new political order with the invasion of Napoleon towards the end of the 18th century. At this time, Borgo was extended to become a small village for the workers of the estate which included an olive press, bakers and chapel.
Ground Floor: Fully equipped gourmet kitchen, Formal dining room, Drawing room with fireplace and satellite TV with dual capacity video, Office with telephone, fax, internet access and computer facilities, central music system (CD, radio, cassette and microphone) and security/surveillance system, Music room with piano and log fireplace Card and billiard room, Wine library with a private collection of Tuscan/Italian wines, Workout room with cardiovascular and weight equipment, Sun lounge/reading room, Four ground floor bathrooms, Service area and laundry room, Staff accommodation
First Floor: 12 guestrooms (4 of which can either be king or twin bedded rooms) each with superb en-suite bath and shower facilities (5 with hydromassage baths), individually temperature controlled (heating and air-conditioning), linked to a central music system, and equipped with telephone, hairdryers, bathrobes and pool towels.